In this article, we are discussing Russell Wilson net worth. The real name was Russell Carrington Wilson. Russell was born on November 29, 1988.
Russell is an American football quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks of the (NFL) National Football League. Wilson also played the college football for the University of Wisconsin during the season of 2011, in which he also set the single-season FBS record for the passing efficiency of 191.8.
You may also like Bruce Willis Net Worth
Biography of Russell Wilson
|Full Name||Russell Wilson|
|Birth Date||November 29, 1988|
|Parents||Harrison Benjamin Wilson III(Father); Tammy Wilson(Mother)|
|Net Worth||$87.6 Million|
|Source of Income||Footballer|
And he also led the team to a Big Ten title and even the 2012 Rose Bowl. Russell Wilson also played the football and also baseball for the North Carolina State University from 2008 to 2010 before his transfer to Wisconsin.
Russell also played the minor league baseball for the Tri-City Dust Devils in 2010 and also for the Asheville Tourists in 2011 as a second baseman of the team.
Russell Wilson was selected by the Seahawks with the 12th pick in the third round (75th overall) of the NFL Draft 2012. In 2012, he also tied Peyton Manning’s record for the most passing touchdowns by a rookie of 26, and he was also named the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year.
In 2013, he also led the Seahawks to their first-ever Super Bowl victory. And in 2014, he led them to a second straight Super Bowl tie up.
Russell has also won more games than any other NFL quarterback in the first six seasons. And he is currently the second highest rated NFL passer of all the time behind the Aaron Rodgers. On July 31, 2015, Russell also signed a four-year, $87.6 million contract extension with the Seahawks.
This made him, at that time, the second highest paid player in the NFL.
Early life and background of Russell Wilson
Russell Wilson was born at The Christ Hospital in the Cincinnati. He grew up in the Richmond, Virginia. He is the son of Harrison Benjamin Wilson III, who is a lawyer, and Tammy Wilson. She is a legal nurse consultant.
He also has an elder brother named, Harrison IV, and a younger sister named, Anna. Russell started playing the football with his father and his elder brother at the age of four.
He played his first organized game for the team of Tuckahoe Tomahawks youth football in sixth grade.
The Grandfather of Russell Wilson
The great-great-grandfather of Wilson was a slave to an associate colonel, and he freed after the American Civil War. And the paternal grandfather of Wilson, Harrison B. Wilson Jr., is a former president of the Norfolk State University.
He also played football as well as basketball at the Kentucky State University. His paternal grandmother, Anna W. Wilson, was on the faculty at the University of Jackson State.
The maternal grandfather of Wilson was noted painter A. B. Jackson. And according to the genetic admixture analysis, Russell Wilson is 62% African, as well as 36% European, and 1% West Asian, and also 1% Central Asian. His family lineage has also been traced back to the 524 A.D. to the Saint Arnulf of Metz.
Related Article: Ryan Seacrest Net Worth
Russell Wilson Father
The father of Wilson also played the football and also baseball at the Dartmouth. And he was a wide receiver for the San Diego Chargers preseason squad in 1980. And the brother of Wilson, Harry, also played the football and baseball at the University of Richmond.
The Wilson’s sister Anna plays the basketball for Stanford. The father of Wilson was died on June 9, 2010, at the age of 55 due to the complications from diabetes.
High school career of Russell Wilson
Wilson also attended the Collegiate School at a preparatory school in the Richmond, Virginia. And as a junior in 2005, he also threw for 3,287 yards and 40 touchdowns. Wilson also rushed for the 634 yards and 15 touchdowns.
Russell Wilson was also named an all-district, all-region, and also an all-state player. Russell Wilson was twice named the Richmond Times-Dispatch Player of the Year.
Related Article: Sean Combs Net Worth
Russell Wilson College Degree
And as a senior in 2006, he also threw for 3,009 yards, as well as 34 touchdowns, and also seven interceptions. Russell also rushed for the 1,132 yards and also 18 goals. And that year, he also named an all-conference and also all-state player as well as the conference player of the year.
He also featured in Sports Illustrated magazine for his brilliant performance in the state championship game. Russell Wilson also served as a senior class president.
In addition to playing the football, Russell was also a member of the Collegiate School basketball and also the baseball teams.
Records and achievements of Russell Wilson
Awards of Russell:
- The Offensive Rookie NFL of the Month in December 2012.
- 7× NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week in Week 10, 2012.
- Offensive Player of the Year finalist in 2016.
- PFWA Good Guy Award in 2014.
- 3× FedEx Air Player of the Week.
- Steve Largent Award in 2012.
NFL records of the Russell Wilson
- Most of the passing touchdowns in a season by a rookie: 26. And most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie: 385
- Most of the regular season wins by a quarterback in his first two seasons, and most of the total wins in the first two seasons.
- The regular season wins the quarterback in his first three seasons: 36
- Most of the regular season wins by the quarterback in his first four seasons: 46
- And most regular season wins by the quarterback in his first five seasons: 56
- Most of the regular season wins by the quarterback in his first six seasons: 64
- The first quarterback to throw for 300+ yards and also rushed for 100+ yards in a single game that was against the St. Louis Rams.
- Most of the games 1+ passing touchdowns, season that also tied with others twelve players: 16, 2015
- Most of the consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes and even no interceptions: 5, 2015.
- He is also the 2nd highest passer rating, career: 99.6
- First and the only quarterback in the NFL history to throw the 3+ passing touchdowns and not any interceptions in the five consecutive games.
- His first and the only quarterback that also had a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in the five straight games.
- First and the only quarterback in the NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, as well as 30+ passing touchdowns, and also the 500+ rushing yards in the same season of 2015.
Russell Wilson Net Worth
As we know that Russell is a successful quarterback player. And Russell Wilson net worth also depends upon all of his career and main goals. So currently Russell Wilson net worth is estimated $87.6 million.
And he also signed a bonus that contains the $31 million. So this bonus also has a great part to build up the Russell Wilson net worth at this level.
He also earned the $2 million salary during the first three seasons. But after that, the Seattle Seahawks also rewarded him in the summer of 2015 with a contract extension of the four years.
Now Russell Wilson has also become one of the most marketable players in NFL. He also scored the deals with the Microsoft, as well as Nike, Bose and even with Braun. Now he also launched his own clothing line named, Good Man Brand, at the Nordstrom in 2016.